From The Ashes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your UI and what it is made of

2 posters

Go down

Your UI and what it is made of Empty Your UI and what it is made of

Post  Horrendour Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:27 am

Heyy, Horrendour here... I waz thinkn it's fun to see whta kind of unique combinations people come up with for their UI. Im Uploading a screenie of my own UI asap, But in the meantime, here's the addons/bars/Frames I use..

--------Bars: Bartender
Luv bartender, simple and easy and looks as good as any damn DAB. Very easy to configure.

--------Frames: AG_Unitframes
My personal fave for unitframes. Found it in some1's UI screenie in the general blizz forums, in a thread discussing rogue UI.. id bet this would rock for any class tho (use it also on my shammie and drood). Very easy to configure.

-------------------------------------

ADDONS:

-Castbars: NaturEnemyCastBars. Nothing special and Im open to offers... standard castbars, showing stuff like DRs and CC effect duration. Handily shows respawn timers in raid dungeons. No FuBar plugin.
-Map: SimpleMinimap. MetaMap(imported loot tables included)
-CombatLog: SimpleCombatLog(standard, the like of which you'll see in any raid UI screenie... prolly one of most popular addons ever)

-FuBar: manages my addons and interface in general. I have almost all my addons plugged in to my UI through the FuBar. Easy way to manage your interface addons in-game, once you have taken the care to load the fubar plugins for each individual addon. Highly recommended.

-PoisonReminder: FuBar interface tool that notifies me when my poisons expire. Essential rogue tool when spending hours raiding or PvP'ing....
you dont want to forget poisons cos they can be as much as 20% of your effective dps..
-Gonffbar: Energy generation bar. Simple enough.. tracks time until my next generation of 20 energy to my energy bar,.... Resetting everytime
Combat Potency talent grants me extra 15 energy. Useful once you learn to use this kind of detailed info.
-Teknicolor: Colours player names according to their class in chat channels. Love this in raids and Gchat where I always know what class a
chatting player plays without having to check and so on.
-ArenaPointer: Simple enough.. Shows how many arena points your team will get with it's current rating in the PvP/Arena interface of the standard blizz UI, right next to the team's rating. (EG: Team Example 1700 (480) ) Where 1700 is the team rating. No configuration needed.
-Gladiator: Announces in raid chat enemy players names and CLASSES to the rest of my team. Also tracks all enemy players HP bar(and%) in a
'gladiator' window that is only shown during arena battles. No FuBar plugin
-GroupCalendar: Great way for raid signup and transmitting info regarding raid times, events and such... Used this with Malicious Intentions. Lightweight, autosynchronises your calendar with your guild, even if you are the only player in the guild that is online. Currently not being used by this guild, but I'd like to see it introduced soon...

I also use a mix of questing addons on my alts, but I've disabled those addons from Horrendour's UI.

RAID HELPERS:
--------------BigWigs------------------
Get this, you wont regret it, it may lack the BG timers of DBM, but otherwise the 'Wigs are so much better and more accurate in every way, that using DBM is a complete waste of disk space. BigWigs FTW.
---------------------------------------

--Omen Threat meter-- Bit heavier version of KTM and synchronises data with the classic KTM threat meter(you can use omen even if every1 else is using KTM). Bit more accurate, more personalisable and adds an efficient warning system to stop overaggroing. (My warning triggers when i reach 90% of tank's threat, and i've discovered that this cuts my repair costs quite well). As said, bit heavier, but more efficient in many ways if you configure your Omen correctly.

--Recount DMG meters-- Accurate DM meters, when configured correctly. Shows more detailed info as default(dm done absolute, dm done % and effective DPS). Can be set to auto-hide when Entering Combat, which is why I really like this DM meter. Also appears to be as accurate as the SW_stats dm meter without the need to synchronise with the entire raid. You'll run into trouble configuring these if you aren't experienced in wrangling with addons. Once correctly configured, these are my dream dm meters.

--CT_Raid-- Classic Ct_mod raid help... i have it disabled atm because the latest patch bugged these.... BUT since starting to use BigWigs, this addon has become somewhat unnecessary... I dunno if i will reload them at all, seeing as I've now used basic blizz raid interface tricks for group showing, buff tracking etc for a few raids and everything has worked fine. The raid warnings CT_raid puts out are completely useless because I have the BigWigs which track the fighting in much more detail and give better insight into the bossfight mechanics. If I can somehow configure the basic blizz raid UI to show the 25 man raid groups(5 groups of 5) somewhat compactly, I'll get rid of this mostly useless mod.

Screenie coming asap. Maybe postin links to downloads if some1 wants to try any of these out. Just ask for it or google for yourselves Wink
Horrendour
Horrendour

Back to top Go down

Your UI and what it is made of Empty Re: Your UI and what it is made of

Post  Rosenholm Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Damn, my eyes hurt reading all that Very Happy
Rosenholm
Rosenholm
Admin

https://fromtheashes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: